Friday, March 2, 2007

Question Response

Game of Life
I've found a very interesting program on the internet. It seems like a game, but it's really meant as more of a simulation. Most people wouldn't find it particularly enjoying to use. It's a cellular automaton made by mathematician John Conway. It's a simulation of life and population growth.
When I found it I thought it was one of the most interesting things I've seen. It's so very simple, yet to me at least, it was quite mesmerizing. Just coming up with the concept of something like this seems amazing. I can't see how people are able to just imagine these things. This is the sort of thing I would like to come up with. It would be great if I could create these simple strange contraptions. This is the sort of thing that I could get into.

No comments: