Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A little story

When I was younger, at around 6 or 8 years old, I was still living in my old house. My baby-sitter was with me and my sister for the day as usual. I was in the house playing with my toys and my baby sitter went outside. When she came back in she started calling to me and my sister to come and look at what she had found. We went to go see what had happened and my baby sitter, Serima, showed us a bird’s egg that she had found on the ground. Me and my sister started looking at it carefully because we had never held such a thing before. I picked up the egg, mesmerized by it, carefully holding it in my hand. And then it popped. Without any provocation it popped in my hand into a gooey green mess splattering over my hands and clothes. It was such a completely random event, that for a few seconds I just stared at the goo. It smelled horrible of course, but luckily I was able to get it all off.

No comments: